Good Girls Don't Get Fat
ROBYN J.A. SILVERMAN, Ph.D.
Good Girls Don't Get Fat is a book about how weight obsession is messing up our girls and what we can do to help them thrive despite it. Her are a few lessons that Silverman teaches.
- The secret that mothers have on their daughters' body images
- The ways that fathers unknowingly sabotage their daughters confidence
- How cruelty in the guise of family humor can destroy a girls' self image
- How teachers, who allegedly should know better, can be part of the problem
- How "friends" can often be the enemy
- How girls need to "kiss their assets" and embrace who they are inside and out
My opinion of this book is it is very helpful. M is 7 years old now and a lot of the issues being talked about she is already experiencing. I asked her what she liked and disliked about herself. This is what she said
- Like- pretty hair
- Dislike- Chubby face
- Like- Ears and nose
- Dislike- how all of the other kids are skinnier than me
I never realized their was really even any issues, but thanks to Good Girls Don't Get Fat we are talking about the issues and finding ways to make her feel better about herself. We are letting her know that just because she is bigger than the other girls doesn't mean she is somehow less important and that she is perfect just the way she is.
1 of my lucky readers will also win a copy of this great book .Please leave a separate comment for each entry. Leave an email address in your comment or make sure it is visible in your profile.
MANDATORY: LET ME KNOW ONE THING YOU SAY TO HELP A GIRL IN YOUR LIFES' SELF ESTEEM
- FOLLOW MY BLOG PUBLICLY +1
- BLOG ABOUT THIS GIVEAWAY +5
- ENTER ANY OF MY OTHER GIVEAWAYS +1(FOR EACH GIVEAWAY ENTERED+
WINNER WILL BE CHOSEN NOVEMBER 1 VIA RANDOM.ORG
*I was not compensated for this review. I received a free product(s) to express my honest opinion. Your experience may vary.*