Thursday, January 12, 2012

I Love You More.... Than Chocolate (book review)


Author: Melanie Milburn

About Melanie Milburn:
" Melanie Milburn is Director of New Horizons Preschool in Durango, Colorado, where she has been teaching for 18 years. She has been writing songs for over 20 years and has produced two CDs for children. She was a top five finalist in the international "Song of the Year, Song and Lyric Writing Competition." Milburn enjoys sharing her songs at family concerts, fundraisers and benefits, as well as participating in story time for preschoolers at local libraries."

Our Opinion: We love reading to the kids but honestly unless they can join in and be a part of it they get bored. I Love You More Than Chocolate also includes a CD of Melanie Milburn singing which the kids can relate to and really enjoy. Here is an example of one of the verses

I love you more than the color blue.
I love you more than a day at the zoo.
I love you more... no matter what to do. 
I love you more than chocolate!

Little T really loves that it all flows together, he has just about memorized the entire book and loves reciting it to his brothers and sisters and he can really relate to the pictures. This is a great book for younger children!

I was not compensated for this review. I was offered a product or products to give my honest and fair opinion. You experience and opinion may vary.


7 comments:

  1. Sounds like it would be a good book for teaching a younger child to read too. I love those rhyming books for kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love rhyming books, they are a pleasure to read w/ my little ones

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any book that your child wants you to read to them over and over again so they have it memorized is a good book.

    Felissa
    http://twolittlecavaliers.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like such a sweet book. Stopping by from Give It Away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds so cute! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, I'm always on the look out for cute books and songs for my little guy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like an awesome book. Have to buy this for my kiddo's. =)

    ReplyDelete

Somewhere over the rainbow my dang shoe fell off!!

Giveaways are only open to the USA unless otherwise stated.