Thursday, June 14, 2012

Celebrating Father's Day with Ripley's Believe It or Not! for Guy's Review


Mr. K is one of those men that does not like to read. Every once in awhile he will read a magazine or sport's section of the news paper but for the most part not a chance. The one thing he does like to read is Ripley's Believe It or Not Books. He likes finding new interesting facts and then telling people. I think he likes to do it because people will normally argue and then he can prove his point. He likes to be Right!

While Mr.K has not had the chance to see the new Ripley's Believe It or Not! for guys (He will be receiving it for Father's Day) I have. I myself have found so many interesting facts that I am in awe. I know that Mr. K is going to love filling his mind with all of these strange interesting new facts. This book covers many categories that you can find very odd, strange, weird, mysterious, crazy facts. It covers Transport, Science, Sports & Games, Business, Crime & Laws, History, Natural World, Body, Mysteries, Digital & Technical, The Arts, Politics, Food and more. I will share a couple of facts I found interesting. 

"In the 1760s, Sir John Pryce embalmed his first two wives, and kept them both in bed with him."

"One hundred and thirty people have confessed to the murder of former Swedish Prime Minister Olof Palme since 1986."

"When you are angry,  you can hear more through your right ear, so an apology is more likely to be accepted if it is delivered into the right ear, rather than the left."

I am very impressed with this book and I know Mr.K will be enjoying it to. Miss M says she can't wait until dad is done with it so that she can read it to. I think every man would be very pleased to receive this book as a Father's Day Gift.



I was not compensated for this review. I was offered a product or products to give my honest and fair opinion. You experience and opinion may vary.

5 comments:

  1. Interesting, will have to check it out.
    http://www.nycsinglemom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like the book, simply due to the silliness of it, but doubt my husband would like it....boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Gosh. My husband will love this!!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Ripley's Believe It Or Not. This book would be awesome for my two sons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband doesn't like to read, either. He likes military books, though.

    ReplyDelete

Somewhere over the rainbow my dang shoe fell off!!

Giveaways are only open to the USA unless otherwise stated.