Monday, June 25, 2012

DuneCraft Dinosaur Plant Kit



DuneCraft offers a large variety of  Plants, Gardens, Science Fun and much more for Children. I know from experience that children learn best when they have hands on experience. My Kid's have had the opportunity to review several products from DuneCraft and we have enjoyed discovery how to plant, create and see the change we are making.

When given the opportunity to review the Dinosaur Plant Kit my kids where very excited and could not wait. I saved it for last to do on our rainy day, and boy oh boy am I glad I did. The Dinosaur Kit includes enough materials for 12 people. It contains 12 Dinosaur Plants, 12 Bowls, 12 Magnifying Glasses, 3 Food Coloring Tablets, Teacher instructions and student handouts. Since I only have three children I gave them each 4 bowls to work with.

We started off by filling each bowl with water. Each child had four bowls a piece. In the first bowls we put warm water, 2nd bowls cold water, third bowls with room temperature water and the 4th we put very little water. We dropped one food coloring kit into each of the child's room temperature bowls, and then put one dinosaur plant into each bowl.

After putting a dinosaur plant into each one we sat and watched. I was even amazed at how different each plant formed. The kid's loved watching the one with the food coloring. I would have to say their head were all down by the bowls most of the time just staring. We put them out on the porch in our little greenhouse. (About a day and the smell is horrible.) We like to go out and see the change that it has made each day. The great thing is if we let them dry out we can reuse them again and again. 

Stay tuned one lucky reader will have the opportunity to win this DuneCraft Dinosaur Plant Kit in the For The Luck of Liberty event. 


I was not compensated for this review. I was offered a product or products to give my honest and fair opinion. You experience and opinion may vary.




2 comments:

  1. Goodness! How absolutely awesome! I know for sure my daughter would love this. Going to check out the company's site now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks fun and I bet your kids loved it. Is it still growing or is it like those toys from when we were younger once you got them wet they grew a bit and then stopped? Just curious as I have a 5 yr old.

    ReplyDelete

Somewhere over the rainbow my dang shoe fell off!!

Giveaways are only open to the USA unless otherwise stated.