Saturday, July 7, 2012

MACHINE GUN PREACHER (Movie Review)


MACHINE GUN PREACHER is the inspirational true story of Childers (Butler), a former drug-dealing criminal who undergoes an astonishing transformation and finds an unexpected calling as the savior of hundreds of kidnapped and orphaned children in East Africa.  The explosive, real-life tale of a man who has rescued over a thousand orphans from starvation, disease, and enslavement, Machine Gun Preacher is written by Jason Keller (Relativity’s Mirror Mirror) and also stars Michelle Monaghan (Source Code), Golden Globe® winner Kathy Baker (Cold Mountain, Picket Fences), Madeline Carroll (Mr. Popper’s Penguins), Academy Award® nominated Michael Shannon (Revolutionary Road), and Souleymane Sy Savane (Damages). Producing is Forster, along with Relativity’s Robbie Brenner, Safady Entertainment’s Gary Safady and Craig Chapman, and GG Filmz’s Deborah Giarratana.


Our Opinion: Mr. K and I sat down without children to watch Machine Gun Preacher. We had seen previews and were both intrigued. Movies that are based on true stories are some of our favorites as in you can see events that have actually happened. It really makes you think about the situations. This is a movie that I shed alot of tears to. What Childers is doing in East Africa to help the children is so moving. The killing that you see makes your heart stop, it is unimaginable the things that are happening to these children. This has to be one of the best moving movies I have seen. Mr. K big macho man even shed a few wet ones. We give this amazing movie two thumbs up.

I was not compensated for this review. I was offered a product or products to give my honest and fair opinion by 20th Century Fox. You experience and opinion may vary.

7 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this movie until now. Looks like a great story...being a true story makes it better! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first I've heard of it too! Great review, looking forward to watching it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it has Gerald Butler in it then it has to be a good movie. lol. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This movie looks great. I will have to check it out. It's been awhile since I've had a movie night and this one seems like it would be a good one to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this movie & love Gerard Butler (so sexy)!

    Kimberley Meier
    momof3chaos at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband would love this movie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would never have given this movie a second thought by the title. Now I have to go watch it. Gerard Butler is a hottie!

    ReplyDelete

Somewhere over the rainbow my dang shoe fell off!!

Giveaways are only open to the USA unless otherwise stated.