Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Big Day

Today is the Big Day. Our youngest starts kindergarten today. With high hopes we are sending him off into this huge world hoping and praying that he will develop into a great young man with amazing potential. I am scared to death! To me he is just a baby. I know it is only kindergarten but this is the start of something so large it is hard to imagine in my mind. He is ready and I know he will do amazing! I wanted to share a few pics of my oldest two on their first days of kindergarten and after today, I will be adding pics of Little T to this. 

Miss M: I remember her first day like it was yesterday. I cried like a baby as she strolled right into that big school with no problems. She hugged me and kissed me and told me she would see me when she got home. As soon as that bus pulled up, I was waiting, She talked for the next several hours about how much she loved school! As she is entering the 4th grade she is very independent and ready for mom to just go away:(

K's first day was a little worse for both myself and him, as we both cried. He begged and pleaded for me to let him stay home, and me because my heart was broken that my sweet K was stepping foot into the huge unknown. He is now entering 2nd grade. He is still the biggest Momma's boy ever and given the option he would love to stay home with me. He does love school thought and likes visiting with his friends and art. 

Stay tuned for tomorrow as I add new pics of Little T and this sad but joyful day.



5 comments:

  1. Hope it gets easier for you both, I am so blessed that my little girl didn't cry-it would have broken my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, I know this feeling well! My oldest started Kindergarten last year, and after I put her on the bus I followed the bus all the way to school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww congrats! They look very proud and ready for school. :) I am not looking forward to this in a few years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My youngest starts Kindergarten next year... I totally understand! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read a lot of stories about back to school and first days of school this week and it's making me both anxious and excited for the day that Bubbles starts school. I know she's going to have a great time and enjoy making friends, but I'm going to miss having my shopping buddy during the day!

    Can't wait to hear how Little T's first day went!

    ReplyDelete

Somewhere over the rainbow my dang shoe fell off!!

Giveaways are only open to the USA unless otherwise stated.