Friday, November 2, 2012

Moonrise Kingdom (Movie Review)


"OVERVIEW: A star-studded and visually stunning box office hit, and a tale of first love directed by two-time Academy Award®-nominated filmmaker Wes Anderson (The Royal Tenenbaums, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Rushmore), Focus Features' Moonrise Kingdom will be available on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack with UltraViolet™, on DVD, On Demand and on Digital Download on October 16, 2012, from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. Set on an island off the coast of New England in the summer of 1965, Moonrise Kingdom follows two 12-year-olds who fall in love, make a secret pact and run away together into the wilderness. As various authorities try to hunt them down, a violent storm is brewing off-shore - and the peaceful island community is turned upside down in every which way."

Our Opinion: Moonrise Kingdom is really a must see. As adults we sometimes forget the feeling or importance of pure simple love. These two twelve year olds are innocent and only feel love for each other. This is a very sweet, charming and enchanting movie. We give Moonrise Kingdom two thumbs up.



I was not compensated for this review. I was offered a product or products to give my honest and fair opinion. You experience and opinion may vary.

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like a feel good movie--the kind I like!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great love story!! The storm brewing on the coast wouldn't be hurricane sandy would it?? lol.

    Kev:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always had my eye on this movie!! I can't wait to watch it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of this but I love The Royal Tenenbaums! Will have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not heard of this, but looks like a show I would like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a charming, feel-good movie. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this looks like a very fun movie. I saw the preview and wanted to see it. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. never heard of the movie...but sounds pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a good movie to get my in-laws for Christmas! I think they'd love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like a great movie! I know my in-laws would love it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like a great movie! Ii is going on the to~buy list today! Great review! Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Somewhere over the rainbow my dang shoe fell off!!

Giveaways are only open to the USA unless otherwise stated.