Monday, January 21, 2013

Del Monte Southwestern Tomato Kick-Off Sweepstakes (R&G)




I have known the Del Monte brand for as long as I can remember. My great grandmother only purchased Del Monte, as I was growing up I remember being in the store and I picked up a can of vegetables. Oh my it was defiantly the wrong can, it didn't take her long to explain to me why she used Del Monte and how it was the only brand that she trusted. Now they are offering Del Monte Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies and also with Chipolte Chilies.
I have found so many great recipes thanks to Del Monte Southwestern Tomato Kick Off Sweepstakes.  Check out more here on the Official Sweepstakes page.  You have a chance to win an amazing prize package but also get to find new and exciting recipes. I have pinned several new recipes on Pinterest for further use, but so far I have been able to create a few of my own with these new tomatoes.
One of the recipes, I created is Chipolte Chilies Chili. I wasn't sure at first how it would turn out but all in all I have to say we will be making it again.

1 lb hamburger
1 can Del Monte Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes with Chipolte Chilies
2 cans chili beans
2 cans tomato paste
1 lemon
2 tsp garlic powder
1 can chopped mushrooms

Cook hamburger then drain with water, add in tomato paste, chili beans and mushrooms in large pan. Let cook for 15 minutes on high, add in Del Monte Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes with Chipotle Chilies, garlic powder. Cut lemons and squeeze in juice. Let cook for 1 hour on medium stirring occasionally. Even the kids enjoyed it we baked cinnamon rolls and had a perfect meal.

A huge Thank you to Del Monte who has offered (1) of my lucky readers a prize pack that will include (1) Del Monte Petite Cut Diced Tomato's with Green Chilies, 1 Del Monte Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes with Chipolte Chilies and 1 $25 Visa Gift Card.

a Rafflecopter giveaway



I was not compensated for this review. I was offered a product or products from Del Monte to give my honest and fair opinion. You experience and opinion may vary.


43 comments:

  1. I like the canned pears.

    Name on rafflecopter: Mary Happymommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We like Del Monte canned corns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love their green beans!
    Entered the rafflecopter form as "Wild Orchid"
    Thanks for the chance to win!

    wildorchid985 @ gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diced tomatoes
    cgies25 at hotmail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love their pears! My son just gobbles them up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite is the Fresh Cut Green Beans can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely tomatoes! I just wish I could find them in glass jars.

    wendykate99 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love del monte pineapples!
    onecheaplady@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Favorite - mixed veggies.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diced tomatoes
    merleandtina@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like all their canned tomatoes

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite is Del Monte creamed corn

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just have to first say that Del Monte has the best canned fruit and vegetables! My favorite would have to be Del Monte Sliced Peaches!
    mindomatter76 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the Del Monte Stewed Tomatoes

    ReplyDelete
  15. Del Monte green beans are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Heather Hayes PanjonJanuary 25, 2013 at 8:33 PM

    Corn A Family Favorite !:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Diced Tomatoes with green chilies!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i like the Fresh Cut Green Beans

    freebiel0ve@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mandarin oranges!

    acartwrightmorell at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. i like their fruit, mandarin oranges green beans and I get their italian diced tomatoes too, del monte is great! carawling(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Their mixed fruit for sure!
    mcfallsk8er(at)aim(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love their canned peaches!

    flutterby2188 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. The different varieties of diced tomatoes

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like the sliced pineapples in cans.

    Just a note to connect my comment to the Rafflecopter: The Rafflecopter calls me 'Margot' since it is accessing my facebook where I am 'Margot Core'; the Rafflecopter connects to this email: annazed10 [at] yahoo [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cream style corn is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  26. my favorite is the no salt added diced tomatoes..i wish they had them in an organic version

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like the del monte corn.
    rounder9834 @yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Somewhere over the rainbow my dang shoe fell off!!

Giveaways are only open to the USA unless otherwise stated.