Thursday, January 24, 2013

Taken 2 (Movie Review)


About Taken 2: 
"Oscar- and BAFTA-nominated actor, Liam Neeson (Clash of the Titans, Taken, Batman Begins) returns as Mills, the retired CIA agent who stopped at nothing to save his daughter Kim from kidnappers. When the father of one of the villains Bryan killed swears revenge, and takes him and his wife hostage in Istanbul, Bryan must enlist the help of Kim to escape. Bryan then employs his unique tactics to get his family to safety and systematically take out the kidnappers, one by one."


Our Opinion: We have been anticipating the release of Taken 2 every sine we seen Taken. After watching we were not impressed. It is pretty much the same story line as Taken except the daughter and father reversing roles. We were left feeling very disappointed and in shock that a movie we had such high hopes for could be such a let down. Taken 2 by far gets 2 thumbs down in the Kostiuk household. 


I was not compensated for this review. I was offered a product or products to give my honest and fair opinion. You experience and opinion may vary.

6 comments:

  1. I watched part of it with my hubby and stopped. I agree it just wasn't original enough to be a movie. Taken 1 was so good I felt very disappointed how much a flop this one was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just watched it last weekend and we liked it. It was good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, sorry to hear it wasn't all that impressive. I liked the first one, but honestly, I did wonder if it was just going to be a rehash of the same movie in the second one. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched it and liked it I guess because I didn't have any hopes at all. You pretty much knew up front is was the same thing as the first how else would they do it. I was surprised by the father of the man coming after them like his son didn't do anything wrong. Now I wonder if they are going to do a part 3 with the other sons going after them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good review Alisha. Not as impressive or original as the first Taken, but still a fun movie altogether. Just stupid, that's all.

    ReplyDelete

Somewhere over the rainbow my dang shoe fell off!!

Giveaways are only open to the USA unless otherwise stated.