Friday, February 22, 2013

The Sessions (Movie Review)


"Academy Award winner Helen Hunt joins John Hawkes and William H. Macy in this triumphant true story about love, sex, desire... and making every breath count. Paralyzed and confined to an iron lung since childhood, poet-journalist Mark O'Brien (Hawkes) has overcome adversity time and time again. But now, at age 38, he faces his biggest obstacle yet: losing his virginity. With the help of a beautiful therapist (Hunt), a sympathetic priest (Macy), and his own unbridled sense of optimism and humor, Mark embarks on an extraordinary personal journey to discover the wondrous pleasures that make life worth living."

Our Opinion: The Sessions is not what I expected at all. I expected it to be some cheesy, laughable sex film. What I found out is it is much different. It is funny, loving, heartfelt and over all a must see. Mr. K and I both give The Sessions two thumbs up.

I was not compensated for this review. I was offered a product or products to give my honest and fair opinion. You experience and opinion may vary.

3 comments:

  1. Never heard of this one but I love the actors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this at all but I will be on the look out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't heard of the movie, but it's nice to see Helen Hunt is still acting!

    ReplyDelete

Somewhere over the rainbow my dang shoe fell off!!

Giveaways are only open to the USA unless otherwise stated.