Thursday, August 7, 2014

Schlitterbahn Waterpark: Kansas City

I recently had the opportunity to participate in Schlitterbahn's Mom's Ice Chest Challenge. Complimentary tickets were provided to facilitate this review. 

My kids have wanted to visit Schlitterbahn for some time and when given the opportunity to go we jumped at the chance. Each person had their favorite things. Mine was being able to bring our own #BahnCooler, free inter-tubes and free parking. This is a big deal if you visit water-parks often as food, tubes and parking can cost well over what tickets cost. We packed portable pizza's, fruit snacks, string cheese, zebra cakes, GoGurt, Gatorade and waters. This also made it easier for the kids to snack through out the day.
 If you have watched the news you probably know the Verruckt is now up and running. It is the tallest water slide in the world! We didn't have the guts to try it out, Just look at it!
 Little T enjoyed just taking a dip in the cool water while mom and dad relaxed by the side and dipped our toes.
 We spent alot of the day in the Torrent River. My boys could not get enough of those huge waves!
 We tackled all of the slides pictured above. Mr.K and I took the Black Knight Tube slide and I can say we had a blast. Going down I was terrified, but when done I was ready to hit it again.
 



The Boogie Bahn was both of their favorite attraction. They had a blast and can't wait to do it again!





27 comments:

  1. My boys love waterparks. This sure looks like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waterparks are our favorite - this looks like a really fun park. We too like wave pools - the waves are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love waterparks but haven't been to one all this year. If I ever make it to Kansas City I'm definitely visiting this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I've never been to a waterpark, but this one looks like it is A LOT of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The surfing video made me chuckle a bit. :) It's cute how he keeps going in and the water pushes him back. Glad you guys had fun!! I love water parks as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He could not get enough of the waves, it surprises me how kids will just get back up and keep trying:)

      Delete
  6. Looks like you guys had a blast!
    My kids LOVE waterslides but I am scared to death of them.
    No way I would get on the worlds largest waterslide...but I know my kids would be all over it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this water park looks amazing. i have an aunt in kansas city. definitely putting this on my list of must see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks AWESOME! My nephew would freak out over this. That water slide is epic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Schlitterbahn looks like an awesome water park. We have family in KC, so we'll have to check this out when we visit them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Water parks can be fun, especially with older kids. This looks like a great location.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We love waterparks... I love the lazy river and relaxing areas and the rest of the family love the water slides.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My kids used to spend hours at water parks when they were young. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you guys had a blast. My girls love the waterpark as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You definitely make it look like a total blast! I can't decide if I'd go on that big waterslide either though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow that is some water slide! Looks like a place my family would enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think I saw this on the Travel Channel? Looks like a wonderful park to me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow. That looks like a great time. I love waterslides, but I don't think I can hang with that one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This place looks like a blast! I've never been to a waterpark but have always wanted to visit one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The weather is starting to get cold in my neck of the woods and I really enjoyed seeing your post and this hint of arm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was on a press trip to Kansas City back in August and they took us there to ride Veruktt. I did ride it, and it was insane. Not sure I would do it again, but glad I did it once.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I’d love to try Schlitterbahn’s waterpark. Kids would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's funny that you were ready to go again. My kids get me involved in stuff like that too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. We live outside of Kansas City and have to go visit this when it gets back warm outside.

    Christy H.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That castle looks too cool! I bet the kids had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's been way too long since we've been to a water park. Looks like a wonderful time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete

Somewhere over the rainbow my dang shoe fell off!!

Giveaways are only open to the USA unless otherwise stated.